Tuesday, February 16, 2016

#NeedAFriendBeAFriend

CHECK THIS OUT!!!! www.youtube.com


Here is a little bio about a treasured friendship. I met Sam when I was 11. He and his family quickly became best friends with my family! Sam is the most amazing person I know. I don't know where I would be in my life without him. Our friendship started out with going to the lake and riding Big Mama (our giant tube), wii bowling (Sam always wins), cafe rio, watching Napoleon Dynamite, and sleepovers almost every weekend. I was able to go to several school dances with Sam and we have great memories from those! Sam is a blast and I love him more than anything. 



Watching Sam navigate through life has taught me many lessons. Sam loves everyone unconditionally. When I am having a hard time trying to forgive someone or trying to understand someone's point of view, I try to be more like Sam. I know if I can have just some of his traits I will be a better person.




I have also learned from Sam that disabilities do not make a person who they are. There are many people that struggle in different ways and it is not fair to treat someone differently simply because they don't look like you and me. 


Sam and I would like to challenge you to post a picture with your buddy who has a disability and tell us how they have changed your life. If you don't have a buddy go out and find one! "When you judge someone based on a diagnosis you miss out on their abilities, beauty & uniqueness." -Seventy. When you post your picture tag 3 friends to give them the challenge. We will also be highlighting some of your stories and pictures on my blog and social media! And make sure to use the #NeedAFriendBeAFriend when you post!


Make sure to watch the link at the top of the page! You won't regret it!

Also when you have time check out Lauren Watson's YouTube channel & Subscribe! She is such a cutie!! (love you Lauren!)

No comments:

Post a Comment